Giving colorectal cancer patients the dietary tools they need to SUCCEED
About 90 percent of colorectal cancers and deaths are thought to be preventable. In addition to regular colorectal cancer screenings, exercise and maintaining a healthy weight can reduce patients’ risk of colorectal cancer (and recurrence.)
To help patients proactively maintain healthy lifestyles, SOM Tech worked with the UCSF clinical team to create a website that provides colorectal cancer patients with educational materials and expert recommendations. SUCCEED also offers healthy eating tips, recipes, and allows users to set dietary goals and track their progress.
SOM Tech gathered input from users and stakeholders to create a welcoming, patient-centered site with user-friendly functionality designed to improve outcomes.
Our approach included:
- Conducting user interviews based on initial wireframes
- Incorporating patient advocate feedback into website updates and additions
- Incorporating patient-centered language
- Designing clear goal-setting functionality around recommendations
- Designing tracking and progress functionality
- Integrating Twilio messaging for a 12 week motivational messaging program